Our Mathematics Programs:
- are based on intensive research into students’ thinking about mathematical concepts.
- promote interaction among students to conjecture, prove, refute, and extend ideas.
- build communication skills such as reading, writing, speaking, and critical listening.
- engage students of varying abilities, including ESL and special-needs students.
- align with national and state-level standards and benchmarks.
- improve student achievement.
In Support of this Mission, Our Work Includes:
- understanding of students’ mathematical thinking and learning.
- creation of effective curricula and other support materials.
- promotion of applications of technology.
- professional development opportunities.
- support of schools engaged in mathematics reform.